* Buy an Oyster card for big discount on all public transport.
* Love shopping? Take the underground to Regent (Liberty’s) and Oxford Street (flagship stores).
* Discover little boutiques, restaurants and the world famous Portebello Market in Notting Hill. Or celebrate Notting Hill carnival in August.
* If you just love the film Notting Hill go check out the bookshop at 280 Westbourne
* For a finger licking curry check out Khan's or Masala Zone.
* Continue the evening at the theatre with last minute theatre tickets.
* Go clubbing and meet celebs at The Cuckoo Club. Budget Design Hotels bumbed into Shakira at this private member club. For delightful cocktails ask for barman Gavin Forbes. Our favourits: Little Big Yellow Pepper and Hemingway Daiquiri.
Friday, 9 July 2010
We’re back from London. Thé hotspot for shopping, clubbing and of course the Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Kensington Palace and all the other must-sees. The weather was fantastic: lots of sun and 30ºC. So what more do you want?
Well, spending the night in a Budget Design Hotel would be nice. We were more than welcome at umi Hotels in Bayswater check a Victorian building in a multicultural neighbourhood with great restaurants just around the corner.
Our room? Big. Stylish. With a big bed, a wardrobe big enough for our outfits, tv and internet and lots of natural light coming through the big windows. The bathroom was a bit small, but stylish. Service excellent! After a kick start breakfast in the hotel - try the salmon, eggs and cappuccino – we went exploring the neighbourhood. Want to know what we discovered? Check out the next post on London.
Tuesday, 6 July 2010
We just have to share these pics with you of Joe Zee, creative director of ELLE magazine, in his yeti outfit. You know, him from The CITY by MTV. This is the way we met him in Central Park almost two weeks ago. Can you imagin wearing this outfit when it is 30C outside?! Joe was still smiling and took the time to chat with the girls of Budget Design Hotels. Hats off Joe!